This work by JD Wade is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
DisclaimerThis is my own personal blog and the views or opinions expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of my employers. All posts are provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confer no rights.
- Interested in free SharePoint training here in St. Louis? Check out SharePoint Saturday St. Louis 2018 facebook.com/events/1384748… 2 days ago
- Microsoft rolling out support for SharePoint administrators to create and upload custom site scripts and site desig… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- General availability of Azure Site Recovery Deployment Planner for VMware and Hyper-V bit.ly/2nZr1sR 3 days ago
- Microsoft Cloud storage now more affordable: Announcing general availability of Azure Archive Storage bit.ly/2o0iOod 3 days ago
- Practical Guidance for Phone System with Calling Plans in Microsoft Teams (three new assets available) bit.ly/2CdjJ7C 3 days ago
Tag Archives: Tips
This post is focused on installing SQL Server 2008 on a Windows 2008 R2 server for those of only need to do a few installs. In other words, this is the quick fix. At the bottom of this post is … Continue reading
It was great to be able to speak and to see the great turnout for the event this year. There were over 400 attendees this year and with speakers and volunteers over 500 people involved. As always, feel free to … Continue reading
It was great to be able to present at SharePoint Saturday Ozarks. Thanks to those who attended. Please feel free to post any comments if there are any questions or comments on Best Practices SharePoint Deployment and Management (presentation).
With the WSS/SharePoint April 2009 Cumulative Update, a new parameter was introduced for the “stsadm –o deletesite” and “stsadm –o mergecontentdbs” commands. I noticed it while reviewing some recently published/update TechNet articles and tweeted about it here, here, here and … Continue reading
In the SharePoint community, I regularly hear a statement made that I myself use to believe was correct but I want to clear up the misconception. It is easy to understand why people believe this based on unclear wording in Central … Continue reading
UPDATE (12/03/2008) See updated presentation post It was great to be able to present this topic at the St. Louis SharePoint Users Group. Everyone seemed to stay engaged and had questions along the way. Please feel free to provide feedback in … Continue reading
So running an stsadm command to backup a content database is not difficult in a WSS 3.0 or SharePoint 2007 environment. However, there are some other additional steps you should take when doing these backups which I have outlined here. 1. … Continue reading
Mike Volodarsky has posted a great blog post explaining what different actions (stop, start, recyling, etc.) do to either a web site or application pool in IIS 7.0. From a SharePoint perspective, this helps to understand the mechanics of what … Continue reading